Friday, September 7, 2012

Writing!

Good writing day yesterday.

It's funny though what can put a stop to a writing session.

Usually for me it's not "not knowing what happens next" or getting tired or losing focus.

It's something much more inane.

It was how to perfectly word a single sentence.

It wasn't even an important sentence! It was nearly a throwaway sentence! I could have easily and probably should have thrown the sentence away it was such a throwaway sentence but I was got so focused on the challenge of making it a perfect sentence that fit in the context and convey exactly what I wanted it to convey that it drove me mad and made me lose fifteen minutes of time and I still couldn't get it right.

It was a completely mundane action that had no fantasy in it whatsoever, and I even mimicked the action exactly in my own room over and over again in-person to get it right but to no avail. I was just stumped.

Frustrated, I saved my work and gave up in exasperation.

I'll almost certainly take the line out and change it for something else when I go back, but I'll write it down and put it on a post-it or something on my wall and deal with it in my spare time.

Yes, I know I'm very weird, thank you.

Love,
 Skinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment